Tank gun development

With the start of the main gun set up I spent my time getting the shape set up. The new main gun is to resemble an alligators mouth and body. For the mouth areas teeth are going to added to make the gun feel more aggressive and natural in design. I want this to have vast differences compared to the old version and a different style to the mantis.

The gun will have armour and extended parts on the key areas of the gun to offer more protection and for it feel more realistic. I want this to look completely different and unique when compared to the older modules I want to also show I can make a assets with a range of styles.

Update

Post update

Hi everyone iv taken a couple of days off to work on 3D assets from guns, random objects to character body.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who’s watching and liking my work if you have any questions please drop me a message or ideas on new assets then message me.

After having the basic shape, I started to go into detail focusing on the face and adding the top of the body. I spent a couple of hours working on the eyes, noise, cheeks and adding depth to the face. A key point I need to express is that I am working on a laptop so I need to keep the Polly’s down as much a possible so I’m not just working on sculptres I’m working to keep the program open.

The maximum amount of Polly’s I can have are about 200000 before the computer starts to slow and the program starts to freeze so this will be a deciding factor.

Adding the mouth and editing the face to make it more realistic to a point I can now start to edit more detail. I now have started to add the eyes to the head to with this getting more detail on the module.

The first thing I did was to add 2 spheres and moved them into the correct potion to mimic real life eyes. I have watched a number of tutorials and some say to add the syheres and some say you don’t need them. I think it doesn’t harms the module to have the spheres but in future work like this I might try and see how it works without syheres.

After having the basic shape, I started to go into detail focusing on the face and adding the top of the body. I spent a couple of hours working on the eyes, noise, cheeks and adding depth to the face. A key point I need to express is that I am working on a laptop so I need to keep the Polly’s down as much a possible so I’m not just working on sculptres I’m working to keep the program open.
The maximum amount of Polly’s I can have are about 200000 before the computer starts to slow and the program starts to freeze so this will be a deciding factor.

Tank Extended

With the final design of the tank finished and the review explaining what changes will be done to the design. It’s time to start making those changes and one of the first things I will start to edit is the heavy cannon. The issues explaining the cannon are in the review but in short it doesn’t look alien enough and the scale of it makes it too small.

To start editing the design I cut out the top of the tank and removed the old cannon completely and started to create a basic shape of the sketch and creating the base to attach the cannon and the tank.

2017-04-24 (56)

 

Tank finished

The tanks almost finished and I have been able to start connecting the different areas together and all I need to do is place the legs in the areas. I am almost finished but after a couple of setbacks this design will be finished by this week and then for next week to allow me to edit the design in more detail.

I will be changing the colour back to gray and the green was just a result of connecting the rest of the module with the last section that happens to be green

2017-04-24 (52).png

Finished tank

This is the finished tank with all the correcting areas I will be looking to right a full review later and giving my thoughts and personal views.